Professional advisers occasionally make mistakes and, when they do, we can help resolve matters.
Seddons has wide experience acting for companies and individuals in bringing professional negligence claims against their former advisers, including:
Solicitors, Barristers and Legal Advisers
Financial Advisers and Insurance Brokers
Our experience has proven that the key to successfully resolving these claims is to act at an early stage. Almost always, the former adviser will have the benefit of professional indemnity insurance and this can help in devising cost-effective legal strategies.
Examples of our work include:
- Bringing a multi-million pound claim against a client’s former Patent Attorney arising out of their failure to adequately draft and prosecute a Patent application
- Pursuing a negligence claim against a client’s former solicitors whose non compliance with Orders resulted in the client’s claim being struck out
- Advising a client whose former solicitors had missed court deadlines and failed to advance a substantive defence leading to a number of sizeable judgments and costs orders being handed down
- Advancing a claim against a client’s former Insurance Broker who had failed to arrange adequate insurance cover and successfully recovering damages to the satisfaction of the client without the need for Court proceedings
- Advising on the implications of a client’s former Solicitors serving a defective statutory notice to acquire a lease extension and assisting in mitigating its position
Bringing a claim against a client’s former solicitors for its negligent handling of a property transaction whereby the property purchased was not the same as defined on the Land Registry plan.