Deborah is the Head of our Family Department. The majority of her work involves complex financial disputes within divorce and between cohabiting couples, often with offshore elements and intricate taxation issues.
Deborah understands the psychological impact of divorce and regularly works with psychologists and counsellors to ensure clients and their children navigate the separation process in the healthiest way possible.
Deborah also has considerable experience in children issues, such as contact, residence, child abduction and paternity testing.
She is a qualified collaborative lawyer and often provides legal commentary for the national press.
- SS –V- NS (2014) (Spousal Maintenance) – High Court case changing the law on maintenance payments to spouses, largely now determined on needs
- A prenuptial agreement ring-fencing £353M of pre-marital wealth between London and Germany
- Representing a mother in her application against the Sunday Times Rich List father of her children; securing the highest known settlement for a mother outside of marriage in England & Wales.
- Acting for a wife after a long, childless marriage where the husband had built up his professional skills and his assets before the marriage; securing over a third of the assets for the wife despite the pre-acquired wealth of the husband
- Financial settlement for a wife after a 35 year marriage and assets of £53 million divided between 5 jurisdictions
- OS -V- DS (2004) (oral disclosure, preliminary hearing), acted for husband