John is a member of the Dispute Resolution Team with particular experience in challenges to wills, contested probate and inheritance disputes, commercial partnership and contract disputes, insolvency and debt recovery.
John is a member of the Association of Contentious Trusts and Probate Specialists.
Listed in The Legal 500 as "a very safe pair of hands".
- Challenging a homemade will made by the deceased leaving her estate to her occasional gardener six months after another, professionally-prepared one, leaving it to her closest friend
- Acting for the sole executrix of the estate of the deceased, who died leaving wills in England and India
- Defending a partner in a defunct property development partnership. Successfully proving that the partnership had been loss-making with the result that no sums were due to the ex-partner and obtaining indemnity costs for the whole action
- Acting for a major mortgage lender seeking judgment for the account shortfalls post-sale and defending allegations of undervalue sales
- Bradshaw v Hardcastle  All ER (D) 219 (Nov)
- Ashkettle v Gwinnett  EWHC 2125