We advise individuals and collective groups of individuals who encounter disputes and issues arising out of property ownership, control, management, acquisition or disposal, and all of the rights and obligations associated with property.
Our individual clients include property owners, investor owners, private landlords, tenants, collective groups of tenants, tenant owned companies and associations, based both here in the UK and overseas.
We deal with all aspects of landlord and tenant law, as well as development, planning, construction, mortgage issues, and rent & service charge collections. We are known for our expertise in leasehold and freehold enfranchisement law, and appear regularly for landlords and tenants in the Leasehold Valuation Tribunal and Upper Tribunal.
Our objective is to provide our clients with a coherent explanation of the law and comprehensive advice relevant to their particular circumstances. We aim to deliver practical and cost effective solutions to the management and resolution of disputes, where possible without recourse to the Courts, and to eliminate or manage risk effectively and proportionately.
We offer alternative funding arrangements where the circumstances are appropriate.
The principal areas we cover are:
- Tenant rights in respect of business tenancies, renewals and dilapidations
- Freehold and leasehold enfranchisement
- Misrepresentation and mis-selling of property
- Disputes over shared ownership of property and related revenue
- Breaches of contract, covenant, nuisance and negligence
- Tenants right of first refusal
- Service charge challenges
- Mismanagement, misappropriation, right to manage, appointment of managers
- Variation of covenants and easements
- Trespass issues
- Rights of light