- Seddons (‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’) is partnership, practising the law of England and Wales, and authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (‘SRA’).
- The Law Society of England and Wales is the designated professional body for the purposes of the Financial Services and Market Act 2000 (‘FSMA 2000’) but responsibility for regulation and complaints handling rests with the SRA and Legal Ombudsman respectively.
Information materials and opinions contained on this site are for general information purposes only, are not intended to constitute legal or other professional advice, and should not be relied on or treated as a substitute for specific advice relevant to particular circumstances. We accept no responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on information or materials published on this site. If you wish to find out more about the information in the materials published, please contact us. We accept no responsibility for the content of any external internet sites linked this site.
- A client who is not satisfied with our handling of a complaint may be entitled to ask the Legal Ombudsman to consider the issue. Complaints to the Ombudsman are usually required to be made within six months of the date of the conclusion of our complaints process. For further information on the Ombudsman and complaints procedure see here www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
- A client may also be entitled to apply for an assessment of our bills under Part III of the Solicitors Act 1974. The Ombudsman may not consider a complaint about a bill if a client has applied to the court for assessment of that bill. The SRA has a separate complaints procedure: www.sra.org.uk
We are not authorised under the FSMA 2000 but we are able in certain circumstances to offer a limited investment services to clients for which purpose we are regulated by the SRA. We can only provide these investment services if they are an incidental part of the professional services we have been engaged to provide. Nothing we do should be construed as an invitation or inducement to engage in investment activities, nor as advice on the commercial or investment merits of particular investments.
Interest on money held for clients
Our policy, where we hold money on account for a client, is available upon request.
We are subject to the UK Bribery Act 2010 and have a zero tolerance policy towards corruption and bribery.
- We are committed to safeguarding client privacy and this policy has been prepared to meet the requirements of the UK's Data Protection Act 1998.
- This policy sets out the basis upon which we may use any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us.
- We use your personal data to provide you with our services. We may also use that information to provide you with updates on legal developments or details of our services that may be of interest to you, and to invite you to events and marketing functions. If you do not wish us to contact you in this regard, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will only disclose personal data:
- To successors in title of our business;
- To suppliers and external agencies we engage to process data on our behalf;
- To third parties where appropriate in the course of providing our services (including but not limited to) professional indemnity insurers, insurance brokers, auditors and other professional advisors; and
- Where disclosure is required by law or any regulatory authority
- If you attend an event or marketing event organised or hosted by Seddons, we may disclose your details to others who attend or participate in the organisation of such an event.
- You have a right to access the personal data we hold about you. If you have any requests or queries concerning the personal information held please contact us at email@example.com
UK VAT registration
Our United Kingdom VAT registration number is: GB 340 2859 67.
Our SRA registration number is: 00068565