Alexander is a Partner in our Corporate team. Alexander is an experienced commercial lawyer who acts for small and medium sized enterprises, trade associations, professional firms and entrepreneurs.
Alexander works proactively with the founders of start-ups and helps them grow their businesses. In particular, he is able to share his expertise in data protection law; “e-commerce” law, intellectual property law and contract law. Alexander has a lot of experience in advising founders regarding implementing share options schemes and helping businesses prepare for (and then managing the process) further investment rounds. Alexander has a particular interest in the TMT sector – he works with a number of social networks; “app” based businesses, digital marketers and telecommunication companies. He is particularly proud that he is often approached by former entrepreneur clients asking him to work with them again as they embark on their post exit projects.
Alexander is our Privacy Compliance Officer responsible for ensuring that we are GDPR compliant.
- Helping the founders of a social network develop their business so as to secure a £20m exit in eighteen months of trading
- Conducting a comprehensive data protection audit for a Trade Association
- Representing a start up digital marketing company in its negotiations with a regulator
- Advising an accountancy firm on the structure of the management buy out.
- Negotiating a joint venture involving a UK engineering company and Chicago partner
- 2008 - Present | Seddons, Partner
- 2005 - 2008 | Picton Howell (now EMW), Senior Associate
- 2000 - 2005 | Morrisons, Associate
- 1999 - 2000 | Over Taylor Biggs (now OTB Eveling), Trainee
- 1993 - 1995 | Nottingham Law School, Master's Degree, Law
- 1989 - 1992 | University of Portsmouth, B.A.
Recent articles by Alexander
Corporate Partner Alex Egerton shares his insights into how retail businesses are likely to adapt and develop online strategies post COVID-19.Read now
Corporate Partner and Privacy Compliance Officer, Alex Egerton examines the Supreme Court judgment handed down in favour of Morrison SupermarketsRead now