Aoife is a Partner in our Dispute Resolution department. She has broad commercial disputes experience representing companies, directors, high net worth individuals, and insolvency practitioners in a range of domestic and cross-border cases.
Aoife has extensive experience representing clients in international arbitrations under the rules of most of the major arbitral institutions, including the London Court of International Arbitration, the International Chamber of Commerce, the London Maritime Arbitrators Association, and the Singapore International Arbitration Centre. She has also represented numerous clients in litigation proceedings in the High Court in London, taking matters from the pre-action stages through to trial and enforcement. Aoife works hard to ensure that she obtains the right results for her clients, be it through litigation, arbitration, mediation, or negotiated settlement.
Aoife also has experience of acting for domestic and overseas companies in follow on competition claims both in the High Court in London and the Competition Appeals Tribunal.
- Acting for a Chinese manufacturer in an LMAA arbitration relating to the supply of Ukrainian iron ore
- Acting for a BVI incorporated entity in an LCIA arbitration relating to the Russian energy sector
- Acting for a Dutch oil and gas entity and its AIM listed parent in SIAC arbitration proceedings regarding mining operations in China
- Acting for a large international ship owning company in an LMAA arbitration relating to a joint venture agreement
- Acting for an international bank in an ICC arbitration relating to a revolving credit facility
- Acting for the liquidators in a claim taken by an insolvent property development company against a major UK financial institution
- Acting for a Russian high-net-worth individual successfully contesting the jurisdiction of the English court in relation to an international property development
- Acting for an Algerian oil and gas entity against its UK joint venture partner relating to the import and storage of liquefied natural gas
- Acting for a private bank in London in relation to an investor claim
- Acting for directors of an insolvent company in relation to breach of duty and other claims
- 2019 - Present | Seddons, Partner
- 2016 - 2019 | Hausfeld, Counsel
- 2015 - 2016 | Bracewell, Senior Associate
- 2014 - 2015 | Consensus Business Group, In-House Litigation Lawyer
- 2011 - 2013 | Fried Frank, Associate Solicitor
- 2010 - 2011 | UBS Investment Bank, Director and Solicitor
- 2006 - 2010 | Stephenson Harwood, Associate Solicitor
- 2004 - 2006 | K&L Gates, Trainee Solicitor
Recent articles by Aoife
Seddons is pleased to have joined the London International Disputes Week line up of member-hosted events.Read now
Aoife Keane examines the effect of recent rule changes and direction of travel regarding international arbitration hearings in a post pandemic world.Read now