Ben is Head of Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency. He specializes in all aspects of restructuring and insolvency work.
Ben has broad experience advising corporates, insolvency practitioners, institutional lenders and other creditors as well as individuals and directors.
Ben is recognised as a Leading Lawyer - Highly Regarded by the 2020 edition of IFLR 1000 for Restructuring and Insolvency.
Ben is recommended in the Legal 500 2014 for Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency with clients praising Ben’s “ability to understand the economic, commercial and business points of a deal”.
- Federal-Mogul Corporation and subsidiaries in relation to Chapter 11 proceedings in the USA and administration proceedings in England in one of the largest and most complex cross-border insolvencies ever undertaken. Acted for the company and its many subsidiaries over several years on the restructuring in both the USA and UK, developing and implementing reorganisation plans in both jurisdictions.
- Sea Containers Ltd in relation to Chapter 11 proceedings I the USA and provisional liquidation in Bermuda.
- The administrators of the Laurel Pub Group.
- Numerous counterparty creditors in relation to claims against Lehman Brothers International (Europe)(in administration).
- Perpetual Trustee Company Limited in relation to its dispute with Lehman Brothers Special Finance Inc arising from the operation of certain waterfall clauses in notes for which Perpetual was trustee.
- The Facility Agent and certain senior lenders in the restructuring of Ideal Standard International Acquisition Sarl.
- The Cayman Court appointed joint provisional liquidators of Arcapita Investment Holdings Limited (a wholly owned subsidiary of Arcapita
- Bank B.S.C) in relation to Chapter 11 proceedings in the USA and provisional liquidation in Cayman.
- LDK Solar in relation to Hong Kong and Cayman Schemes of Arrangement and Chapter 15 recognition in the USA.
- Advising a large multinational group in relation to a whole scale restructuring of its entire group worldwide. The reorganisation included debt restructuring, operational restructuring and liability management.
- CBRE Loan Services as Special Servicer in relation to the Debussy securitisation of the Toys R Us properties.
- Various funds in relation to claims against institutional note issuers.
- Directors of financially troubled companies in relation to directors duties and personal liability.
2020 - Present | Partner, Seddons
2017 – 2020 | Partner, Brown Rudnick
1999 – 2017 | Trainee / Associate / Partner, Sidley Austin
2001 | Qualified England & Wales
Recognised as a “Leading lawyer – highly regarded” in IFLR 1000 2021 for Restructuring and Insolvency
Member of the City of London Law Society Insolvency Law sub-committee
Recommended in the Legal 500 2014 for Corporate Restructuring and Insolvency with clients praising my “ability to understand the economic, commercial and business points of a deal”
Recognised as a “Leading lawyer – highly regarded” in IFLR 1000 2020 for Restructuring and Insolvency
Recent articles by Ben
Partner Ben Klinger and Solicitor Mark Allan appear in Property Week discussing CVAs and their potential impacts on retail landlords.Read now
Partner Ben Klinger and Solicitor Mark Allan discuss key advantages of the changes and major pitfalls to watch out for.Read now