Charles is a partner our Dispute Resolution department. He has broad experience in a wide range of civil litigation, representing companies, directors, partners, trustees, and high net worth individuals. His practice focuses on shareholder, trust and corporate disputes, insolvency and fraud.
Charles has extensive experience in the Chancery lists in the High Court and County Courts, and in the Court of Appeal. He has also co-ordinated multi-jurisdictional cases, with off-shore elements.
He is noted for his ability to analyse and deploy effectively large quantities of financial information, often covering a broad range of assets.
- Acting for an off-shore company in a claim against a professional trustee company and a third party for dishonest assistance and knowing receipt
- Acting for the beneficiaries of an offshore trust with a minority shareholding to recover funds fraudulently taken by a director with the assistance of professional trustees
- Acting for shareholders against a director who had fraudulently stripped a company of its assets and moved them off-shore
- Defending a director against a breach of fiduciary duty claim
- Acting for a property owner in a proprietary estoppel and constructive trust claim
- Acting for a minority shareholder in an unfair prejudice and just and equitable winding-up petition
- Acting for a partner where partnership funds were being used improperly
- Acting for a company to recover papers from a firm of solicitors, which had been instructed by a former liquidator, which included obtaining an urgent injunction against the solicitors
- Advising the lifetime beneficiary of a trust on a potential breach of trust claim against professional trustees for failure to properly invest
- Acting for a commercial agent, whose principal had been moving orders between jurisdictions to avoid commission
- Acting for a manufacturer in a dispute with a retailer over the meaning of the contract and a repudiatory breach
- Advising an asset finance provider on their potential liability under a joint venture agreement with a high street bank
- Acting for a purchaser of a company against the former owner in a claim for breach of warranty and breach of the share purchase agreement
- 2019 – Present | Seddons, Partner
- 2012 – 2019 | Drukker, Trainee Solicitor to Partner
- 2010 – 2012 | GDL and LPC, City Law School
- 2007 – 2010 | University of Cambridge, MA (Cantab)