David has over 20 years experience of civil dispute resolution. He has acted for clients both corporate and individual, domestic and international and generally in matters which require a sensitive approach to the issues and an appreciation of detail in the analysis of the facts and the application of the law. In addition, he has acted in many mediations and arbitrations.
- Advising Insolvency Practitioner Regulator on debt collection with relation to fraudulent practitioners
- Defending commercial client from involvement in onerous invoice factoring agreements,
- Defending manufacturing client in distribution contract dispute,
- Advising commercial client with relation to a large cheque fraud by their financial director,
- Defending distinguished academic against allegations of professional misconduct
- Advising commercial client in relation to website passing off and intellectual property infringement, property disputes,
- Defending dealer in Vintage Motorcycles against allegation of conversion.
- Debt collection for commercial clients including a law firm in South Africa and a Trustee in Bankruptcy in Belgium
- Assisting individual clients to set aside Judgments and Court Orders which were wrongfully obtained
- Advising on the effect of Deeds of Guarantee and Contractual Indemnity against institutional lenders
- Lead solicitor in a 21 party property company fraud which was resolved successfully with our Clients recovering over 100 stolen properties worth over £32m. The dishonest accountant involved assumed that his victims – our Clients – would back down. With our help, that did not happen and eventually he lost everything.
- Asset recovery including obtaining Charging Orders and Orders for Sale
- Enforcing foreign Judgments
- Advising on and obtaining restoration of companies struck off the Register to allow the transfer of assets which would have been lost
- Advising a Dutch company in an international arbitration with a Spanish company in dispute about the production and supply of electric generators
- Defending company directors of large cleaning company against allegations of conspiracy to corrupt
- Acting for Turkish Industrial distributor in breach of contract claim and counterclaim against UK Supplier
- Defending company shareholders from an Unfair Prejudice petition
- 2019 - 2020 | Seddons, Partner
- 1996 - 2019 | Curtis Turner & Drukker, Partner
- 1988 - 1996 | Serious Fraud Office
- 1986 - 1988 | Crown Prosecution Service