Deborah is the founder and Head of our Family Department. She is known for her understanding of the psychological impact of divorce and works with psychologists and counsellors, ensuring clients navigate the separation process in the healthiest way possible.
Most of Deborah’s work involves complex financial disputes within divorce and between cohabiting couples, often with offshore elements and intricate taxation issues. She also has considerable experience with issues relating to children, such as contact, residence, child abduction and paternity testing.
Deborah is recognised in Chambers as being "very supportive while getting on with the job in a very efficient way and handling tricky situations," and in Legal 500 as "utterly committed to her clients and has a steely and calm approach". She is recognised in Spear's 500 as "Outstanding in Field".
Deborah is a qualified collaborative lawyer and regularly provides legal commentary for the national press on key developments in family law.
- Acted in High Court case changing the law on maintenance payments to spouses, largely now determined on needs - SS –V- NS (2014) (spousal maintenance)
- Secured a prenuptial agreement ring-fencing £353m of pre-marital wealth between London and Germany
- Represented mother in her application against Sunday Times Rich List father of her children; securing the highest known settlement for a mother outside of marriage in England and Wales
- Secured over a third of the assets for wife after a long, childless marriage where the husband had built up his professional skills and assets before the marriage
- Secured financial settlement for wife after 35-year marriage and assets of £53m divided between five jurisdictions
- 2006 - Present | Seddons, Partner and Head of Family Department
- 2001 - 2005 | Rooks Rider, Associate
- 1990 - 1993 | University of Kent, B.A.
"Deborah Jeff is engaging with clients and unflappable. She really cares about ensuring the clients get the result they are after" - Legal 500
"Deborah Jeff leads from the front. She is empathetic to clients but a tough opponent to have on the other side" - Legal 500
"Very supportive while getting on with the job in a very efficient way and handling tricky situations" - Chambers
"Outstanding in Field" - Spear's 500
Recent articles by Deborah
Deborah Jeff gives her expert opinion in eprivateclient.Read now
Deborah Jeff features in The Telegraph.Read now