Deborah is the founder and Head of our Family Department. She is known for her understanding of the psychological impact of divorce and works with psychologists and counsellors, ensuring clients navigate the separation process in the healthiest way possible.
Most of Deborah’s work involves complex financial disputes within divorce and between cohabiting couples, often with offshore elements and intricate taxation issues. She also has considerable experience with issues relating to children, such as contact, residence, child abduction and paternity testing.
Deborah is a qualified collaborative lawyer and regularly provides legal commentary for the national press on key developments in family law.
- Acted in High Court case changing the law on maintenance payments to spouses, largely now determined on needs - SS –V- NS (2014) (spousal maintenance)
- Secured a prenuptial agreement ring-fencing £353m of pre-marital wealth between London and Germany
- Represented mother in her application against Sunday Times Rich List father of her children; securing the highest known settlement for a mother outside of marriage in England and Wales
- Secured over a third of the assets for wife after a long, childless marriage where the husband had built up his professional skills and assets before the marriage
- Secured financial settlement for wife after 35-year marriage and assets of £53m divided between five jurisdictions
Recent articles by Deborah
Summary Deborah Jeff commented on a Â£453 million divorce settlement which is the largest ever in a UK court.Read now