Emily is Co-Head of our Residential Property Team, acting for homeowners, buy to let onshore and overseas investors, developers and investment companies, high net worth individuals, and private banking institutions.
With wide experience in all aspects of residential property, Emily is an expert in the high pressure Central London property market dealing with purchases, sales, refinancing and development, as well as matters relating to landlord and tenant. She deals with everything from the straightforward to the most complicated cases, and enjoys training members of her team in balancing commerciality and legal practice.
Over the years Emily has developed strong and enduring relationships with clients and contacts. She has acted for some of her clients since she was a newly qualified solicitor. Emily likes to work closely with her clients giving practical and technical advice to help achieve their ultimate goal.
Emily likes to approach a deal as if she is the client to understand how best to achieve the objectives. Emily works closely with our Private Client team which enables her to ensure that her clients have considered the appropriate tax implications. Emily prides herself on her commitment to completing the deal and her fast and responsive communication skills.
- Purchase and funding of a substantial investment property for a US based client requiring detailed advice from our Private Client team
- Purchase of a new family home and simultaneous re-finance of the existing family home
- Sale of a large asset for an older client and purchase of a smaller one enabling them to plan for the rest of their lives and their children's future
- Refinancing of a client’s main home and buy to let portfolio
- Sale of flats in a newly converted and re-furbished building
- Advice on auction purchases for a client wishing to develop the existing buildings
- Purchase of a number of off plan flats in a number of new prime developments for a European investment company
- Drafting and negotiating exclusivity (Lock out) agreements
2008 - Present | Seddons, Partner
2006 - 2008 | Gowen & Stevens LLP, Associate
Recent articles by Emily
Seddons will provide legal advice and support in the areas of property finance and property developmentRead now