Fiona is a highly accomplished Associate Solicitor with wide-ranging knowledge and expertise in employment law and HR.
Fiona is pragmatic and commercially orientated. She is a tough negotiator and a formidable employment litigator. She focuses on providing practical, solution driven advice, keeping client’s desired outcome at the forefront of her mind at all times.
Fiona is regarded as a leading specialist in her field, regularly presenting at high level employment law conferences. She also writes for various legal publications, assessing and evaluating the implications of the latest legal developments.
- Defending and providing strategic advice in relation to Employment Tribunal claims
- Exiting employees and Settlement Agreements
- Advising on employment status, grievances, disciplinary and capability issues
- Dealing with long and short term absenteeism, discrimination and flexible working
- TUPE, redundancies and restructuring
- Effecting variations to terms and conditions of employment
- Drafting and enforcing restrictive covenants
- Drafting contractor agreements, Directors Service Agreements and core policies and procedures
- Acted for a university in ensuring an effective exit strategy for a senior operations manager avoiding high risk reputational damage
- Acted for recruitment agencies in obtaining undertakings in respect of confidential information and client data
- Assisted an IT company in dealing with a boardroom dispute and allegations of sexual harassment, discrimination and bullying
- Successfully defended a claim for constructive dismissal and age discrimination based on a variation to terms and conditions of employment
- 2020 - present | Seddons, Associate Solicitor
- 2013 - 2020 | DOHR Ltd, Employment Solicitor & HR Operations Manager
- 2008 - 2013 | The Adecco Group, Employment & Commercial Solicitor
- 2006 - 2008 | The Recruitment & Employment Confederation, Employment & Commercial Solicitor
- 2006 - 2008 | Abbey Legal Services, Employment & Commercial Solicitor
- 2002 - 2004 | Piper Smith Watton, Trainee Solicitor
- 2001 - 2002 | College of Law, London
- 1997 - 2000 | Southampton University, LLB Law