George is an Associate in the Corporate Department. He advises on a full range of corporate transactions including private mergers and acquisitions, equity fundraisings and shareholder arrangements, joint ventures, share buybacks, corporate re-organisations and general corporate advisory for small to medium sized companies.
George advises on acquisitions and disposals of property-holding SPVs, portfolio purchases and refinancing, and acts for various banks for secured lending matters. His clients range from high net worth individual investors to private banks, UK and offshore companies and corporate trust structures.
George also acts for a number of entrepreneurs, assisting them with early stage fundraisings, corporate advisory, and other legal issues affecting start-up companies, including compliance with the GDPR regime.
- Restructuring and sale of a social media company for $20M
- Sale of a commercial real estate company for £19M
- Advising investors in relation to a £30M offshore property investment fund
- Acted for a start-up for an investment of £2.4M by way of issuing secured convertible loan notes
- Sale of medium sized clothing retailer to large high-street retailer
- Sale of an off-shore investment company for £13M
- Sale of a media company and subsequent restructuring
- Assisting with a comprehensive data protection audit for a Trade Association
- 2021 - Present | Seddons, Associate
- 2018 - 2021 | Seddons, Solicitor
- 2016 - 2018 | Seddons, Trainee Solicitor
- 2014 - 2016 | Seddons, Real Estate Finance Paralegal
- 2012 - 2014 | BPP Law School
- 2007 - 2012 | British Army, Irish Guards, Captain
- 2002 - 2006 | Durham University, B.Sc
- 1998 - 2002 | Ampleforth College
Recent articles by George
Corporate Solicitor George de Stacpoole details the help available to businesses during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.Read now
Corporate Solicitor George de Stacpoole details the key things to know regarding force majeure, the Doctrine of Frustration, and your contracts.Read now