Helen is head of our Employment team. She has extensive experience of all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law including Employment Tribunal and High Court claims, exiting employees, TUPE issues, enforcing post-termination and confidentiality restrictions, and drafting bespoke employment documentation.
Helen acts for businesses of all sizes, including start-ups, SME’s, charities and not for profits, and international organisations. She has a stunning track record of successfully defending claims and securing costs for her clients and her advice commonly results in claims being averted or withdrawn.
- Acted for a large national charity against a claim for unfair dismissal and whistle blowing, culminating in the successful defence of the claim at a 5 day trial
- Advised a national hairdressing chain on a dispute with a freelancer over employment status, achieving the withdrawal of a claim for unfair dismissal and breach of contract
- Acted for a recruitment agency on the removal of confidential information by an employee moving to a competitor. Advised on the dismissal of the employee for gross misconduct, secured legal undertakings from the employee and the new employer, and the return of the confidential information taken
- Advised a professional services firm on the dismissal of an employee found to have misappropriated substantial funds from the business, acting in tandem with our Dispute Resolution team who secured a Freezing Order over the employee’s assets
- Acted for a start-up drafting directors’ service contracts, independent contractor agreements and a bonus scheme
- Defended an international travel business against a claim for constructive dismissal, race, sex and religious discrimination. Secured the withdrawal of all claims during a 7 day trial and costs against the claimant