Lara is a Partner with the Dispute Resolution team specialising in property disputes, including landlord and tenant (both residential and commercial) rent and service charge recovery, forfeiture and possession claims, contested (and unopposed) lease renewals, enfranchisement and a variety of breaches of leasehold covenants including dilapidations and service charge disputes, applications for consent and other issues arising out of the terms of a lease. Lara’s specialism includes defective premises, boundary disputes, rights of way, right of light, party wall awards as well as real estate related professional negligence, rectification and misrepresentation claims, specific performance and real estate related insolvency.
Lara’s clients include landlords, tenants, developers, hoteliers, property owners, investors, management agents and professionals.
Lara has considerable experience in ADR including mediation and adjudication and advises on non-litigious ways of resolving potential disputes as well as conducting cases in the Court of Appeal, High Court, County Courts across the country, the Lands Chamber of the Upper Tribunal and the Property Chamber of the First Tier Tribunal.
Lara is a member of the Property Litigation Association and a committee member of the Education and Training committee of the PLA.
Lara is a member of various organisations:
- PLA – member of Education and Training Committee and Website Committee
- Women in Property
- Construction & Property Lunch Club
Lara has acted for a number of leading reported cases both in the High Court and Court of Appeal.
- Acting for a freehold owner in respect of a substantial claim for structural damage as a result of a major redevelopment
- Advising developer and freehold owner on rights of way and nuisance
- 2019 - Present | Seddons, Partner
- 2014 - 2019 | Howard Kennedy LLP, Partner
- 2013 - 2014 | CKFT, Partner
- 2009 - 2013 | CKFT, Senior Associate
- 2000 - 2009 | Collyer Bristow, Solicitor and Senior Associate Solicitor
- 1999 - 2000 | Grower Freeman & Goldberg, Solicitor
- 1997 - 1999 | Epstein, Grower and Michael Freeman Solicitors, Trainee Solicitor
Lara is frequently contacted by industry publications to share her comments and expertise:
- Estates Gazette
- Solicitors Journal
- News On the block
- Flat Living
- Share Radio
- Former contributor of the Landlord and Tenant Factbook