Leon is Head of our Property Disputes Team and a senior member of our Risk and Compliance Management Team. His expertise covers all aspects of property law, landlord and tenant law (both residential and commercial), contentious enfranchisement, contentious planning and construction, and regulatory compliance in the rented sector.
He is a mediator and an experienced advocate with trial experience. In addition to having conducted actions in the Court, First-tier Tribunal and Upper Tribunal, he also defends clients who have been prosecuted for landlord and tenant and environmental law infringements, unlawful eviction, harassment and HMO legislation.
Leon’s clients include landlords and tenants, PLCs, developers, secured lenders, and international companies and trusts with property in the UK. He has also worked on the training team for the National Centre for Applied Learning Technologies on critical decision making in policing.
- Appealed the conviction and sentence of a landlord company convicted of allowing a tenant to contaminate land occupied in the course of the tenant’s business
- Acted for the owners of a private hospital in defending a noise nuisance enforcement notice arising from the use of air conditioning systems
- Removed health tourists overstaying their invitation from residential premises owned by a foreign consulate
- Successfully negotiated an amicable end to a contentious dispute arising out of the redevelopment and extension of a luxury flat without landlord’s consent
- Acted for a collective of tenants in contested action to recover free of cost, land sold off in breach of the right of first refusal
- Acted for a collective group of company members against a claim under a share rights issue to the majority of the profits of the company
- Acted for an overseas family in recovery of property fraudulently transferred by one or more family members
- Advised clients under threat of enforcement for breach of planning consent and on the culpability of the architect
- Acted for a large luxury block management group in contentious proceedings to enforce a rebalancing of the service charge proportions of residents
- 2005 - Present | Seddons, Partner
- 1993 - 2004 | Morgan Cole LLP, Partner
- 1988 - 1993 | Blinks Stern, Solicitor