Sarah is an Associate specialising in tax and succession planning for individuals and those with an international estate aspect. She also advises executors in the administration of estates, variations of Wills, elder client issues including powers of attorney and court of protection work, and the implementation and administration of trusts.
Sarah’s matters vary from advising busy high net worth individuals to those who have recently lost a loved one and at their most vulnerable. She understands the need to be able to give clear advice in a comprehensive, and sometimes sensitive manner.
Sarah is a full member of STEP which is a worldwide recognised body of experts in the area of private client and tax work and a member of Solicitors for the Elderly.
- Advising trustees of a life interest trust on an appointment out and an assignment of a reversionary interest to save the life tenant’s estate a significant amount of inheritance tax
- Assisting court appointed deputies on a disputed deputyship application, liaising with counsel and ongoing tax and succession planning for the person to whom the application related, to reduce the inheritance tax burden on their death
- Tax planning for a high net worth individual to include lifetime gifting, investing in BPR assets and structuring their Will in the most tax efficient way
- Working with our residential department to advise non-domiciled, non-resident clients from New Zealand on the tax implications and possible structure for the purchase of UK property
- Acting for the executors of an estate with UK and foreign tax issues
- 2017 - Present | Seddons, Associate
- 2013 - 2017 | Bolt Burdon Solicitors, Solicitor
- 2012 - 2013 | Grindeys Solicitors, Solicitor
- 2010 - 2012 | Grindeys Solicitors, Trainee Solicitor
- 2007 - 2009 | Staffordshire University, LPC
- 2003 - 2006 | Nottingham Trent University
"Sarah Clacker is super-smart and able to break down and explain supremely complicated cross-jurisdictional tax issues in a brilliantly straightforward way. She constantly surprises with her encyclopaedic knowledge of the area and will answer the most obscure questions immediately. She is very responsive and can turn advice around very quickly" - Legal 500
"Sarah Clacker in particular is able to take extremely complex legal issues and translate them to clients in a way in which they understand. I have come across very few lawyers with the ability to do this well" - Legal 500
Recent articles by Sarah
Sarah Clacker features in YourMoney.com.Read now