Simone is a Trainee Solicitor in our Commercial and Residential Real Estate department, and is due to qualify in October 2020.
Simone’s first seat was in our Private Client Department where she assisted with drafting Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, administering estates and advising on inheritance tax and capital gains tax issues. Prior to starting her Training Contract, Simone was a Paralegal in our Dispute Resolution department with particular expertise in Media law and commercial litigation.
- Reputation management (defamation/libel, privacy/confidence, malicious falsehood and harassment)
- Breach of commercial contracts.
- Acted for TV’s ‘Money Saving Expert’ and consumer campaigner, Martin Lewis, in his ground-breaking claim against Facebook in relation to defamation regarding ‘scam adverts’ that feature his image without permission.
- Successfully acted for a British journalist and activist against a media personality in a landmark case Twitter Libel case.
- Successfully acted for numerous private individuals against major national newspapers in ‘phone hacking and fake sheikh High Court proceedings.
- Acted for a high-profile solicitor in a major breach of contract claim against his former firm.
- 2019 - Present | Seddons, Trainee Solicitor
- 2014 - 2019 | Seddons, Legal Assistant