Steven is a Solicitor in the Employment Team.
He advises companies on a range of non-contentious matters involving drafting and reviewing contracts, producing company policies and advising on contractual and statutory obligations. He is instructed on various contentious matters including defending tribunal claims, exiting employees and negotiating settlement agreements.
Steven acts for businesses of all sizes ranging from small subsidiaries to global organisations. He advises companies on conduct and capability issues, disciplinary procedure and performance management. He provides pragmatic and strategic advice for business clients faced with a variety of HR and employment-based issues.
- Advised on a complicated restructure and relocation for a global car manufacturer
- Assisted a Chinese company in establishing their UK subsidiary by drafting employment contracts and independent contractor agreements for the newly formed company.
- Advised an international trading company on a complex redundancy process.
- Advised a multinational company in defending a claim involving allegations of sex discrimination, sexual harassment and unfair dismissal.
- 2020 – Present | Seddons, Solicitor
- 2018 – 2019 | 3HR Corporate Solicitors, Solicitor
- 2012 – 2018 | Slater and Gordon, Litigation Executive, Trainee Solicitor, and Solicitor
- 2013 – 2015 | University of Law, LPC
- 2010 – 2011 | Nottingham Law School, GDL