Suzanne is an insolvency specialist dealing with both contentious and non-contentious insolvency related matters. Suzanne has particular expertise in providing strategic and advisory support to creditors and debtors. She is also skilled in providing advice to insolvency office holders and defendants on the Insolvency Act, Companies Act and Company Director Disqualification Act matters.
- Suzanne advised a director of companies which entered administration with a deficiency in excess of £300 million who was subject to director disqualification proceedings. The client was successful defending the proceedings and obtained her client’s legal costs from the Secretary of State.
- Acted for a Slovenian supply creditor in a debt for equity swap and advised on a Members Voluntary Liquidation process and distribution of assets in specie.
- Acted for a parent company which was an unsecured creditor of a subsidiary whereby she provided advice and assistance to the client to seek declarations from the court that it was a secured creditor for the sums it loaned by rights of subrogation which was successful.
- Advised a client who was a shareholder and director, who was in dispute with a co-director and co-shareholder but was not initially a creditor. Suzanne provided advice on the purchase of the bank debt, a contractual assignment of the bank’s security, an appointment of an administrator and the acquisition of the business and assets from an administrator.
- Provided advice and assistance to the board of directors of the largest cosmetic surgery provider in the UK following the Poly Implant Prothese scandal.
- Acted for a board of directors of a company which traded as a fashion retailer with in excess of 250 stores.
- Acted for a public company and private companies supplying luxury goods which had contingent liabilities following litigation commenced against it.
- Acted for an Insolvency Practitioner on a case concerning a large European manufacturer with a UK sales company run by ‘professional’ directors. The case settled in just 15 months and creditor returns were increased by 11 times from 4 pence in the £ pre-litigation to 44 pence in the £ post litigation.
- 2019 – Present | Seddons, Partner
- 2010 – 2018 | Howard Kennedy, Senior Associate
- 2009 – 2010 | Central Government, Insolvency Examiner
- 2008 – 2009 | Halliwells Solicitors, Solicitor
- 2007 – 2008 | Insolvency Examiner, Central Government
- 2008 | Admitted as a Solicitor
- 2006 | Called to the Bar
- 2005 – 2007 | Huttons Solicitors, Paralegal
- 2004 | LLB Law Honours degree
Recent articles by Suzanne
Corporate Restructuring and Recovery Partner, Suzanne Jones, examines the proposed temporary provisions included in the CI&GB 2020.Read now