Tessa is Head of our Commercial Real Estate department. Tessa specialises in non-contentious transactional commercial real estate work. This includes property investment and management, landlord and tenant, end user, acquisitions, disposals and development. She also deals with initial funding and re-financing.
Tessa has a reputation for development work and options and has advised on sites as diverse as industrial parks, shopping malls, hotel and leisure properties, and brownfield sites, as well as prime office and retail property.
- Acquisition of a casino for £70m
- Acted in several development projects involving the construction of new roof flats above existing blocks of flats
- Securing a succession of options on development sites
- Sale of a portfolio of five commercial properties for £30.5m
- Co-ordinated a team carrying out the property aspects of the acquisition of a city’s main shopping centre from a pension fund involving funding by way of an income strip lease and a letting re-structure for taxation efficiency and to allow the local authority to receive rents from the occupational units
- Acquisition of a multi-let retail and office building in the West End for £30m with continuing management aspects
- Acting for a lender taking a charge of a popular tourist island hosting leisure operations
- Seddons, Partner
- IBB, Senior Solicitor
- Olswang, Solicitor
- Courts & Co, Solicitor
- Nabarro, Trainee Solicitor