Thomas has a broad and varied property experience, acting across a number of different areas. He advises investors and developers on the acquisitions of sites – often with the assistance of finance – together with subsequent disposal or lettings. Equally, he has acted for a number of well-known bridging and institutional lenders and funds; advising in relation to taking security over commercial and residential properties in respect of bridging, longer-term and development finance.
Thomas acts for a number of commercial borrowers who are refinancing their portfolios in order to secure better terms or release capital in order to increase their property portfolios.
Thomas advises property holding companies in respect of the management of their property portfolios including disposals of whole or part, refinance and lease renewals and extensions. He also acts for both landlords and tenants in respect of industrial estates, retail and office space.
- Acquisition of a casino for £70m
- Sale of a portfolio of five commercial multi-let properties for £30.5m
- Refinance of a borrower’s £8m portfolio
- Acquisition of a portfolio of five separate sites consisting of 250 business units for £12.5m and orchestrating the sale of individual units to investors
- Sale of a multi-let hostel for £14m
Recent articles by Thomas
Thomas White gives his expert opinion in Property Week.Read now
Thomas White examines the WeWork model of commercial property ownership in Property Week.Read now