Zoe is a solicitor specialising in private client work. She has experience and knowledge across a broad range of private client matters. She acts for a wide variety of clients such as high profile individuals, families, wealthy individuals and charities. She also works with a large network of professional contacts and encourages co-ordination between clients, their financial advisors and accountants in order to achieve the best possible result when considering estate planning and wealth protection.
Zoe is highly experienced on elder law issues and works with people who lack capacity, their families and other professionals to achieve the best result for our clients. She regularly advises and drafts Lasting Powers of Attorney to ensure our client’s financial affairs, health and welfare are protected in the event of loss of capacity.
Zoe is known for her understanding of the sensitive nature of private client work and our clients find her approachable and compassionate. She appreciates that all clients are different and adapts her knowledge and skills to fit in with each individual client’s needs and objectives.
Zoe is an affiliate member of STEP Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners and is currently working hard to study for her STEP Diploma in Trust and Estates.
- Drafting straightforward and complex Wills to ensure our client’s wishes are met
- Estate administration with assets in the UK and abroad
- Grant of Probate applications
- Inheritance Tax planning
- Co-ownership of property and Declarations of Trust
- Frequently advises individuals on the most appropriate vehicle for their Wills in order to provide protection of assets and to capture the maximum amount tax reliefs available to suit their individual circumstances.
- Drafted a complex Will taking into consideration children from separate marriages and protection of assets for those children from new spouse.
- Advising numerous clients on inheritance tax mitigation and succession planning for high net worth individuals.
- Guiding executor clients through the probate process and the subsequent administration of estates.
- Successful application of Grant of Probate using a copy of the deceased’s Will as the original was unavailable and administering estate after a seven year gap had elapsed between death and instruction.
- Managed a misuse of a Lasting Power of Attorney whereby the attorney was fraudulently accessing the donor’s bank accounts and making unauthorised transfers of money to their own account.
2015 - Present | Seddons, Solicitor
2013 - 2015 | Seddons, Trainee Solicitor
2011 - 2013 | Seddons, Paralegal
2009 - 2011 | Oxford Brookes University, LLB
2005 - 2009 | University of Portsmouth, BA