Seddons makes strong gains in UK Legal 500 Guide12 Oct 2017 // Firm news
Two new departments at Seddons have been ranked in the Legal 500, with the other four maintaining their 2016 rankings.
Leading West End law firm Seddons is delighted to announce that it has seen a significant increase in not only the number of departments ranked, but also the individuals listed in this year’s UK Legal 500 Guide. The Legal 500 is one of the foremost independent guides to the legal profession and this year Seddons continues its deserved reputation across a wide range of the firm’s specialist practice areas.
For the 2017 Guide, Seddons was newly ranked for Fraud: Civil and Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate, in addition to maintaining high rankings for Family, Commercial Property, Commercial Litigation, and Reputation Management.
The strong rankings are further endorsed by highly complementary client and peer feedback:
- The Fraud: Civil Practice was described as ‘excellent’, Headed by Susan Monty, who has ‘a wealth of experience in complex fraud cases’ and ‘combines a high level of intelligence with a commercial approach, steering clients through cases and excellently managing their expectations’.
- In Commercial Litigation, the Team ‘provides good, down-to-earth knowledge’, with Partner and Head of Group Marvin Simons described as ‘a great litigator’.
- Under the leadership of Deborah Jeff, the Family Team has ‘a formidable team of family law experts’ who ‘will fight their clients’ corner whilst giving sensible advice throughout’. Toby Hales provides ‘clear’ advice, and Neil Russell has ‘oodles of common sense’. Associate Victoria Sterritt has ‘impeccable judgement’ and is recognised as a Next Generation Lawyer.
- The Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate Team is praised for providing the ‘right advice each time, tailored to each individual client. It has a strong private client offering with international expertise, and is well matched by a robust contentious team’. Practice Head James Ward is noted for his ‘professionalism, knowledge and friendly manner’.
- For the Reputation Management Team, ‘pre-eminent’ practice Head Mark Lewis ‘is a man on a mission and will fight for his clients like no one else, giving 110% every single time’ and is ‘a fearless advocate and a superstar of the reputation management space’.
The Commercial Property Team maintained its ranking, with the strong growth through the merger with BD Laddie recognised. A highlight of the Team’s work was providing advice for a property developer on the £31m sale of a portfolio of five commercial properties, comprising multi-let offices and industrial units, led by Tessa Naylor.
Managing Partner Simon Ross said:
“Seddons has performed increasingly well across a broad spectrum of our departments and I am delighted that we have maintained our rankings in The Legal 500, as well as achieving new entries for Fraud: Civil and Personal Tax, Trusts and Probate. This is fantastic news for the firm and we are very proud of these achievements, especially because the rankings reflect the opinions of both our peer group and our clients. I would like to congratulate my colleagues for all their hard work and continued dedication to their clients and the firm.”
The Legal 500, an independently researched assessment of client matters, industry standing and client references, is used by commercial and private clients, corporate counsel, CEOs, and professional advisers – as well as by other referrers of work both nationally and internationally. Now in its 29th year, The Legal 500 assesses the strengths of law firms in over 100 jurisdictions, with research based on feedback from 300,000 clients worldwide, submissions from law firms and interviews with leading private practice lawyers, and a team of researchers who have unrivalled experience in the legal market in order to highlight the practice area teams who are providing the most cutting edge and innovative advice to corporate counsel.
Immigration Partner Ahmed Ajina gives his expert advice in Forbes.Read now