UK furlough scheme extended by four months12 May 2020 // Insights
Employment Associate Fiona Mendel details the changes to the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme announced today.
Today, Chancellor Rishi Sunak announced that the UK scheme to pay wages of furloughed workers will be extended.
The main points are:
- The CJRS is extended to the end of October
- There will be no changes to the scheme up to the end of July
- Between August and October the scheme will continue for all sectors but with greater flexibility
- Employers using the scheme will be able to bring employees back part time
- Workers will continue to receive 80% of their salary up to £2500 by the Government and their employer
Full details of the extension will be released by the end of May.
Should you have any questions regarding the above, or need any employment related legal advice, please contact Seddons’ Head of Employment, Helen Crossland, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 020 7725 8034 or Associate, Fiona Mendel at email@example.com on 020 7725 8033.